1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons horseradish
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4oz. Dried Beef, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons Horseradish-Butter Sauce (recipe included)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked red potatoes, cut in half, then wedges
- For Horseradish-Butter Sauce: Place 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, green onions, horseradish, ground pepper and salt in glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter melts; mix well. Set aside.
- For Dried Beef and Potato Bake: Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and thyme; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat; stir in dried beef and horseradish to butter mixture.
- Meanwhile, coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate with remaining 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Cut each potato half into 4 wedges. Arrange 1/2 of potato wedges in single layer over bottom of pie plate; stick remaining potato wedges upright around the edge of the pie plate.
- Combine cheeses in small bowl. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 of cheese mixture. Top with corned beef mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Press firmly with spatula to compact layers; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; continue baking 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges begin to brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Makes 4 servings.