3 oz Sliced Knauss Dried Beef Cut into 1/2 inch strips
Fresh Watermelon, Honeydew and Cantalope
1) Open package of Knauss Dried Beef and allow rest until room temperature (this will allow the beef to be more pliable)
2) Scoop fruit into 1 tbsp size balls (use a metal measuring spoon for best results)
3) Place fruit balls on paper towel to drain excess moisture
4) Cut dried beef in 1/2 strips lengthwise and fold into ribbon shape and spear with toothpick
5) Slide toothpick into fruit.
6) Place on serving platter and enjoy! Can be enjoyed cold or room temperature.
1(4 ounce) package Knauss dried beef , cut into strips approx 1 1/2 inch wide
1(8 ounce) package cream cheese
1tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/2 jar of sandwich style sliced pickles (drained)
(1) 8 oz. package of flour tortilla wraps, cut into strips approx 1 1/2 inch wide
Cream cheese and horseradish until smooth and creamy.
Spread mixture over each tortilla strip
Add slices of Knauss dried beef to strips and spread additional cream cheese mixture on top of dried beef.
Place sliced sandwich style pickle on top at the end closest to where you will start rolling up the wrap. Place sealed edge face down on plate to fasten.
Roll up then refrigerate for a couple hours.
Dried Beef Canape with Cream Cheese and Cucumber Recipe
Serves/Makes: 12 canapes
3 oz dried beef (left at room temperature for a little so it is more pliable), cut lengthwise into strips
6 slices of melba style rye bread
2 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce
Cut off the edges from the bread and cut each slice into 6 square pieces.
Cut cucumber lengthwise into slices about 1/4-inch thick ( leave some of the greens on the edges for presentation).
Then cut cucumber slices into square pieces the same size as your bread.
Mix cream cheese with horseradish sauce to taste.
Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
Place a crumbled piece of dried beef on top of the cream cheese / horseradish spread.
Then place 1 cucumber slice, top with dried beef garnish with small piece of parsley.
Add freshly cracked pepper on top of slice.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Arrange the Dried Beef Canapes with Cream Cheese and Cucumber on a fancy serving plate and serve.