3 oz Sliced Knauss Dried Beef Cut into 1/2 inch strips
Fresh Watermelon, Honeydew and Cantalope
1) Open package of Knauss Dried Beef and allow rest until room temperature (this will allow the beef to be more pliable)
2) Scoop fruit into 1 tbsp size balls (use a metal measuring spoon for best results)
3) Place fruit balls on paper towel to drain excess moisture
4) Cut dried beef in 1/2 strips lengthwise and fold into ribbon shape and spear with toothpick
5) Slide toothpick into fruit.
6) Place on serving platter and enjoy! Can be enjoyed cold or room temperature.
1(4 ounce) package Knauss dried beef , cut into strips approx 1 1/2 inch wide
1(8 ounce) package cream cheese
1tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/2 jar of sandwich style sliced pickles (drained)
(1) 8 oz. package of flour tortilla wraps, cut into strips approx 1 1/2 inch wide
Cream cheese and horseradish until smooth and creamy.
Spread mixture over each tortilla strip
Add slices of Knauss dried beef to strips and spread additional cream cheese mixture on top of dried beef.
Place sliced sandwich style pickle on top at the end closest to where you will start rolling up the wrap. Place sealed edge face down on plate to fasten.
Roll up then refrigerate for a couple hours.
Dried Beef Canape with Cream Cheese and Cucumber Recipe
Serves/Makes: 12 canapes
3 oz dried beef (left at room temperature for a little so it is more pliable), cut lengthwise into strips
6 slices of melba style rye bread
2 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce
Cut off the edges from the bread and cut each slice into 6 square pieces.
Cut cucumber lengthwise into slices about 1/4-inch thick ( leave some of the greens on the edges for presentation).
Then cut cucumber slices into square pieces the same size as your bread.
Mix cream cheese with horseradish sauce to taste.
Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
Place a crumbled piece of dried beef on top of the cream cheese / horseradish spread.
Then place 1 cucumber slice, top with dried beef garnish with small piece of parsley.
Add freshly cracked pepper on top of slice.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Arrange the Dried Beef Canapes with Cream Cheese and Cucumber on a fancy serving plate and serve.
Dried Beef Dip
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 2 HOURS, 5 MINUTES
2 8-ounce containers whipped-style cream cheese, room temperature
1 3 oz package of Knauss dried beef, chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup sour cream, optional (see note below)
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in dried beef and green onions until fully incorporated.
Cover and chill for at least two hours or overnight.
Serve with fresh veggies, toasted baguette or crackers.
If you want the consistency of the dip to be a bit thinner, you can add about 1/4 cup sour cream.
1 can (16-17 oz.) | peas
1 cup | evaporated milk
¼ cup | butter
2 tablespoons | chopped onion
¼ cup | flour
1/2 teaspoon | paprika
1 teaspoon | prepared mustard (we prefer Jack Daniel’s mustard)
3 hamburger buns | split and toasted (we prefer seeded buns)
1 jar (2-1/2 oz.) | shredded dried beef
1 cup | grated American cheese
ii. what to do
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Drain pea juice into a 2-cup measuring cup then add enough water to make 1 cup of liquid.
2. Stir-in evaporated milk; set aside (reserve).
3. Melt the butter, add onion and cook together until tender, but not brown.
4. Blend-in flour, paprika and mustard.
5. Add the pea reserve and cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
6. To half of sauce add peas; spoon into a 10 x 6 inch baking dish.
7. Arrange the buns (two sets of three each tall) on top of the pea mixture.
8. Add beef to remaining sauce and spoon on top of buns.
9. Sprinkle with cheese. If your local store doesn’t offer American cheese, you can substitute a mild cheese, like Colby.
10. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of https://bettyscooknook.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/creamed-peas-and-dried-beef/